In the absence of an oven, creativity and ingenuity is integral to cooking and baking at Obubu. Inspired by ...
Time to get our your cooking matcha and make green tea matcha brownies!
Nori of NoriNoir Bakery was kind to share this delicious spin on the classic chocolate chip brownie recipe with us. Her blog is NoriNoir Bakery and More and contains many other great recipes! You should also check out her French-styled pastry store, NoriNoir Bakery.
ingredients for 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8 inch) square
- 185g White chocolate (6.5 oz.)
- 100g Vegetable oil (1/2 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 80g Sugar (1/3 cup)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 125g Flour (1 cup)
- 15g Japanese Green tea Matcha powder (2 tbsp.)
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 100g Semi-sweet chocolate chips (3.5 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C (340˚F).
- In a small bowl, put the chocolate and melt with double boiler.
- Add vegetable oil in melted chocolate
- In a large mixing bowl, put the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract, mix well.
- Add the chocolate mixture, mix.
- Sift the flour, Matcha powder and baking powder together, add in the batter, mix gently.
- Combine the chocolate chips, mix and pour into a square mold.
- Bake for about 25 – 30 minutes.