By connecting with Obubu Tea from the comfort of your own home you are able to have a rare opportunity to experience Japanese tea culture and take a look behind the scenes of a local tea farm in Wazuka, Kyoto – the region, known for premium Japanese tea. By joining our Online Japanese Tea Tour both tea lovers and tea professionals will be able to witness long-lived Japanese tea traditions and enhance their understanding of Japanese teas. The tour will involve a virtual visit to a beautiful tea field in the heart of Wazuka to learn about tea farming followed by an in-house tea tasting session with a selection of our teas from everyday Hojicha to premium Sencha and Japanese Black Tea as well. We are looking forward to welcoming you on an unforgettable adventure to tea sights and flavours!
This Pass’ Contents
Pass to attend the Tour
Instructions for Online video provider, Zoom, to be able to comfortably access the Tour.
Brewing guides for after the tour as references points. All the tea which will brewed during the tour plus Genmaicha and Matcha to brew at your leisure after the tour. A tea-esque surprise for during the tour!
Approximate schedule depending on season and weather is below.
- Welcome and a brief introduction
- Visit to some beautiful tea fields in the heart of Wazuka
- A guided tour of our Tea Processing Factory
- Interactive tasting of traditional locally made Japanese teas
- Q&A and farewell
Tours are held in English by our bilingual staff.
Tea Tour Booking Steps:
Advance booking is required to reserve your place on the tour and receive the tea shipment
- To book your place on the tea tour please select a date from the table below.
- After adding the Online Tea Tour to your cart please proceed to checkout to make payment for the tour. Please make the payment at the time of the checkout (you cannot return to the payment page afterwards).
- Your tour is reserved once the payment is confirmed (Stripe confirmation is regarded as the tour confirmation).
- We ship your Online Tea Tour Tea Package 15 days before the Tea Tour Date.
- More than 21 days before the tour date: Full refund
- 21 – 15 days before the tour date: 80% refund
- Less than 15 days before the tour date: 50% refund
- Less than 7 days before the tour date : No refund
- In case of a refund, we will refund you the amount after deducting Stripes’ Transfer and Booking Fees.
We are looking forward to seeing you!