Join Obubu Tea Club and become a Tea Farm Owner!
Obubu Tea Club – a community supported agriculture program – is our way to create strong bonds between our Tea Farms and Tea Lovers!
Obubu Tea Club, started in 2008, has gathered more than 800 members worldwide. By joining the Tea Club you will become an honorary owner of a tea farm in a historical tea growing region – Wazuka, known for the highest quality and most respected tea in Japan; and will receive freshly harvested authentic Japanese green tea throughout the year.
What are the advantages of becoming an Obubu Tea Club member?
- Fresh high quality Japanese tea (with shipping included). To reflect on tea harvesting seasons, freshly made tea will be sent to you four times per year: March, May, September, December. It is easy to share it and enjoy with your family and friends.
- Honorary ownership of a tea farm. You will receive a tea farm owner`s certificate and will be able to say that you have a tea farm in Wazuka, Kyoto. After 1 year membership your name will be added to the Tea Farm Owner`s Board on our tea farm.
- Advance invitation to fun seasonal events such as tea planting and tea picking, as well as tea events around the world.
Tea Farm Owner’s Board
How does it work and how to join Obubu Tea Club?
To join please click ‘Subscribe Now’ button below and complete two-part application form (one page for your information and one page for credit card details). Tea will be send to you approximately every three months (depending on harvesting schedule), or four times per year and you will receive the next shipment after your registration is processed. Membership in Obubu Tea Club is untimed and continues as long as you wish.
After joining you will receive a Digital Welcome Pack, which includes:
- Digital Tea Farm Owner’s Certificate
- Digital Monthly Magazine, the one stop shop for tea information and Obubu Stories.
How much does it cost to join Obubu Tea Club?
Monthly fee for joining Obubu Tea Club is 3000yen, that will be automatically deducted at the time of registration and monthly from this date.
What are Obubu Tea Club funds used for?
Due to the social nature of Kyoto Obubu Tea Farms, monthly fees of the Obubu Tea Club are used to:
- Promote Japanese tea culture around the world
- Bring focus back to agriculture through community engagement events
- Contribute to society through tea, by engaging people with disabilities in light work experience, as well as organizing charity events for children from disadvantaged backgrounds and elderly in nursing homes, etc.
- Plant tea trees to preserve earth’s ecosystem
In addition to enjoying all Obubu Tea Club benefits you also play a part in contributing to society and environment.