Here at Obubu Tea you have a rare opportunity to experience Japanese tea culture and take a look behind the scenes of a local tea farm in Wazuka, Kyoto – the region, known for premium Japanese tea. By joining our Japanese Tea Tour both tea lovers and tea professionals will be able to witness long-lived Japanese tea traditions and enhance their understanding of Japanese teas. The tour will involve a visit to some beautiful tea fields in the surrounding mountains to learn about tea farming followed by an in-house tea tasting session of a wide palette of our teas: from everyday houjicha and genmaicha to premium sencha and matcha. We are looking forward to welcoming you on an unforgettable adventure to tea sites and flavours!
Tour availability is displayed in the calendar at the bottom of the page. Approximate schedule depending on season and weather is below.
- 11:05-11:30 Welcome tea and a brief introduction
- 11:30-13:00 Visit to some beautiful tea fields in the surrounding mountains with a brief stop at a tea processing factory
- 13:00-13:30 Tea soba (buckwheat noodles) for lunch
- 13:30-15:00 Interactive tasting of traditional locally made Japanese teas
- 15:00-15:30 Q&A and farewell
Tours are held in English by our bilingual staff.
The tour is available for up to 12 people and is 12,000yen/person. The price includes:
- Guided visit to some beautiful tea fields and a real tea processing factory
- Interactive tasting of 8 different kinds of locally made Japanese teas
- Japanese tea sweets
Tea Tour Booking Steps:
Advance booking is required to reserve your place on the tour
- To book your place on the tea tour please select a date from the calendar below.
- After submitting the booking form you will be directed to a payment page. Please make the payment at the time of the booking (you cannot return to the payment page afterwards).
- Your tour is reserved once the payment is confirmed (Paypal confirmation is regarded as the tour confirmation).
- More than 14 days before the tour date: Full refund
- 14 – 7 days before the tour date: 80% refund
- 6 – 3 days before the tour date: 50% refund
- Less than 3 days before the tour date: No refund
- In case of a refund, we will refund you the amount after deducting PayPals’ Transfer and Booking Fees.
We are looking forward to seeing you!
For directions to our tea farm please check here.
If you would like to stay in Wazuka longer than a day and haven’t found your accommodation yet, our recommendations are here.